29 September 2006






On the way to work today I bunged my Annie - DJ Kicks CD in the player and off I went, i'd not heard the CD in a while and kind of forgot what songs were on it. I only got as far as track 2

La Bionda - Wanna Be Your Lover

It totally got me, so much so that I ended up repeating it 3 times in a row!!! Pure cheese on toast synths, superb laser gun type sound effects, and lyrics like "Blue and green and slimey, it ain't got no face" Genius. "Wanna Be Your Lover" was originally released in 1980 on Baby Records but a CD can be bought here.

Also at the moment I just cannot stop listening to the new Hidden Camera's album Awoo. It's just fantastic, happy, happy, fun, fun. With this one in particular sounding like The Decemberists meets Scatman John. Truly incredible:


Hidden Cameras - Lollipop

A new Voxtrot track is also available for download over at Gorilla Vs. Bear. They have another EP due out in November.


And thanks to swedesplease for bringing this amazing song to my attention.

Detektivbyran - Dansbanan.

Detektivbyran is a trio from Gothenburg, and reminds me very much of Beirut, who incidently has been signed to 4AD and will be releasing a limited edition EP in October, wooo yeaah!









3
Post a Comment
<< Home