18 March 2007






I don't quite know how I came across the following song. It just appeared on my iTunes. I presume it was off of some blog but i dunno, but what I do know is that it's a fantastic little indie-pop gem. The Incredible Moses Leroy were the Softlightes of 2002... literally.






MP3:
The Incredible Moses Leroy - 1983










One man boy bands are so the way forward. Juvelen could be Stockholm's answer to Prince, or Donny Osmond, or Jon Secada, or David Essex. Call me allsorts, but I only really like pop music when it's not popular, with the exception of Girls Aloud, so stuff from kids like Juvelen is great with me, I call it "pop not pop"



Thanks to the best pop not pop exponent out there, Blisspop for posting this Mike Downey remix of Juvelen's Hanna. If you're lucky enough to be going to Hultsfred this year, Juvelen will be playing....amongst other ridiculously hottt acts!






MP3:
Juvelen - Hanna (Mike Downey Remix)








And speaking of hot acts, those left-coast skronksters Deerhoof have announced they are playing out a UK tour in June..... yessssss!




They play the following shows:

London KOKO - May 2
Cardiff The Point - June 23
Liverpool Barfly - 24
Glasgow ABC2 - 25
Sunderland Independent - 26
Leeds Irish Centre - 27
Nottingham Polish Centre - 28









2
  • I posted that moses leroy track a while back at radiozero.ca a while back, by request. maybe you've visited? that song rules.

    By Blogger Tyler Fedchuk, at 10:03 pm  
  • Of course it was! So sorry guys, i'm just lazy... I checked for it on Hype Machine but returned with no results, turns out you're not listed on Hype Machine.


    1983 is just brilliant, a belated thank you very much for that. And also for excellent mixtapecasts! ///

    By Blogger Leighton, at 10:14 pm  

Post a Comment


<< Home