23 July 2007






I get really lazy with my music in the car, Nathan Fake had been in the player for what seemed like an eternity. So the other day I had a good root in my glove compartment and stumbled across a forgotten treasure 'Corporate Crimewave' by Hystereo. Described to me at the time as being 'like Vitalic' I immediately jumped on it. Nearly 2 years on I come back to it, and this time around it has impressed me much more than first time. It's a blast, from moments of faux-French Lu Cont-esque-ness , to moments of crisp German techno wizardry. This will probably be in my car CD player for a wee while. Vitalic meets Justice meets Daft Punk.








Hystereo - Corporate Crimewave
(alt link)








Hystereo - Winters In The City
(alt link)









Staying in Germany, for a bit of IDM Tigerbeat6 style. Phon.o creates some badass eurocrunk/techno beats, and is currently collaborating with the other half of Funkstorung, Chris de Luca, together rustling up an unconventional combination of intergalactic hip hop, ghetto beats, sexy booty IDM and dirty techno.









Phon.o - Aufschwung Ost
(alt link)

















0

Post a Comment


<< Home